Prep Time: 2 hours (dough rising) | Cook Time: 15 minutes | Serves: 8
- 1 pound (1 loaf) white frozen dough
- 1 Tbsp vegetable, (for bowl)
- ⅔ cup baking soda
- 2 Eggs, beaten with 1 Tbsp water
- Coarse Salt
- Defrost the bread dough by placing it in a large bowl that has been wiped down with oil. Cover with plastic wrap and leave in a warm place to rise for about 2 hours.
- When dough has risen, knead into a ball,and cover again while you preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Cut dough into 8 pieces and roll them out into thin ropes, twisting the two ends to form a pretzel shape.
- Add baking soda to a large pot of water and bring to a rolling boil. Boil each pretzel for 30 seconds per side.
- Transfer pretzels to a baking sheet, brush with egg wash, and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown.