Only 347 calories per serving.
As a means to stay fit and healthy, John and Patty have recently expanded their focus. These dishes are designed to Delight Your Tastebuds, while Decreasing Your Waistline.
- 3 (6 oz.) lobster tails
- 1 cup mini pasta shells
- ½ cup pumpkin spice filling
- ½ cup 2% milk
- 1 tbsp. salted butter
- ¼ tsp. each salt and black pepper
- ¾ cup cheddar cheese
- 1 slice whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 peppercorns
- 4 oven-proof ramekin bowls
- Cook pasta shells according to package directions, just shy of al dente, drain, and set aside.
- In a saucepan melt the butter and add the milk, pumpkin filling, and spices. Heat on low until well combined. Add the cheese and stir until melted, then add in the pasta shells. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Fill a large pot with water, bring to a boil, add the bay leaf and peppercorns. Add the lobster to the boiling water, and cook until the shells are bright red, 2-3 minutes. Remove from the pan and let cool.
- When lobster is cool enough to handle, remove from shells and chop into pieces. Add the lobster to the pasta mixture and combine well.
- Toast the breadcrumbs in a frying pan with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and cook on medium heat, stirring constantly until the bread is golden brown.
- Spray each ramekin with non-stick spray. Divide the mac and cheese evenly into each, top with breadcrumbs and bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes in a 400°F oven. Cool for 5 minutes and serve.