Only 395 calories per serving.
Serves: 2 people
- 12 large cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ cup fresh or frozen corn
- 2 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 4 black olives, sliced
- ¼ tbsp. crushed red pepper
- ½ tsp. each of salt and pepper, or to taste
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- Rinse shrimp (remove tails, if desired). Place in bowl & refrigerate.
- Roast corn by adding to a hot, dry pan until slightly brown. Remove from heat to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cilantro, onion, tomatoes, 1 tbsp. oil, lime juice, olives, salt and pepper, and cooled corn. Mix well. Cover & refrigerate.
- Cook rice according to package directions. Set aside.
- In a fry pan, on low, heat 1 tbsp. oil and butter. Pat shrimp dry, season with salt & pepper. Raise heat to medium, add shrimp, cook 1-2 minutes to heat through. Don’t overcook.
- Place ½ cup rice on each of 2 plates. Spoon salsa over rice, top with 6 shrimp on each, add remaining salsa. Enjoy!