Colorful marinated vegetable salad – great addition to any meal.
- 1 onion
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 yellow bell peppers
- 2 large zucchinis, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1½ oz. anchovy fillets, chopped or 1 tbsp. anchovy paste
- ¼ cup black olives, halved and pitted
- 1 tbsp. fresh Basil, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut the onion into wedges. Core and deseed the bell peppers and cut into thick slices.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy-based skillet. Add the anchovy fillets or paste to the oil and stir until melted, then add the onion, bell peppers, zucchini, and garlic. Fry gently for 20 minutes,stirring occasionally.
- Add the vinegar, olives, and seasoning to taste, mix thoroughly and leave to cool.
- Spoon onto individual plates and sprinkle with fresh basil.