I love this recipe because it is so simple and is still as filling as any pasta dish. Great as a main course or even an appetizer for a larger dinner.
- 3 zucchini
- 1 15 oz. container ricotta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella, shredded
- 1½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Laura Lynn pasta sauce
- fresh basil, chopped
- fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Slice zucchini lengthwise into long thin strips. Each zucchini should make 5-6 slices (depending on size)
- Place each slice onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and salt, and bake for 15 minutes.
- While the zucchini is baking, prepare a 9x13 baking dish by adding a thin layer of Laura Lynn pasta sauce on the bottom.
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta, Parmesan, 1 cup mozzarella, basil or parsley, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Remove zucchini from the oven and let it cool completely.
- Spread some of the cheese mixture over each zucchini slice and slowly roll them up into a pinwheel. Add them to the pan, on their sides, on top of the sauce. Repeat until the pan is full, making sure not to crowd the zucchini too much
- Add a dollop of sauce onto each zucchini roll up and sprinkle the remaining mozzarella over top of them all.
- Place fresh basil over the cheese and bake for 25 minutes, or until the cheese starts to turn golden brown.
- *If you want to, add your favorite protein (beef, chicken, turkey, plant-based) right before step 8.