Recipe By DEBORAH ADAMS
SERVES: 8-9 (APPETIZER) or 4-5 (LIGHT MEAL)
- 1⁄3 cup sliced toasted almonds
- 2 cups packed mint leaves, rough stems removed
- 1 cup packed parsley, rough stems removed
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil plus ¼ cup water if too thick
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- pinch black pepper
- Put almonds in food processor and pulse a few times, then add mint, parsley, and lemon juice and mix until smooth.
- Add olive oil to food processor, a little at a time, until incorporated. Add ¼ cup water if too thick to drizzle.
- Taste for seasoning and add salt or pepper if needed.
Tomato Watermelon Cheese Salad
- 3 Roma tomatoes, cut into 9 slices
- 1 1 inch thick center round slice seedless watermelon, cut into small circles with biscuit cutter (the size of tomatoes and cheese circles)
- 1 (8 oz.) log chevre (goat) cheese, cut into 9 rounds
- handful fresh mint leaves, for garnish
- sea salt and cracked pepper, to taste
- Place watermelon, tomatoes, and cheese on a serving platter, alternating as shown in the picture.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle down the center of each row with mint pesto.
- Adjust the number of rounds according to the number of servings you need. It makes a great light meal with French bread and a Rose’ wine. You can also use it as a side dish. Store in glass jar in refrigerator for up to 5 days or freeze leaving room at top of jar for expansion.