- 6-8 oz. un-cooked Sashimi grade tuna, diced small
- ¼ fresh pineapple, diced the same size as the tuna
- ¼ fresh mango, diced the same sizeas the tuna
- 2 tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. black and white sesame seeds
- 16 oz. fresh guacamole, from the InglesProduce Dept.
- 1 bag fresh made corn tortilla chips (Ingles Deli) to be used as desired
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and jalapeño, then cook until they begin to caramelize, about 10 minutes.
- Add the strawberries and water, then continue to cook until the water is reduced by half, letting the strawberries begin to break down during this process. Stir in the remaining ingredients then turn the heat to low or medium-low. Let this cook for about 30 minutes until the strawberries break down more completely.
- Start by trimming the predominant white membrane from the tuna and dice up the cleaned portion to bite-sized pieces or smaller if desired.
- Dice up pineapple and mango.
- Place tuna, pineapple, and mango in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Add sesame oil and stir to combine tuna, pineapple, and mango to coat completely.
- Refrigerate for 60 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Using a foil ring of about 5" in diameter, place on the presentation plate and spoon in tuna mixture pressing firmly to fill the ring completely.
- Raise foil ring to top of tuna layer and fill with Ingles fresh guacamole, pressing firmly on top of the tuna layer.
- Remove foil ring and sprinkle tuna/guacamole with black and white sesame seeds.
- Garnish with Ingles fresh corn tortillas as desired around tuna/guacamole for presentation.