3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4” cubes
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 medium purple onion, cut into ¾ in. pieces
1 can (14.5 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
½ cup cilantro, fresh, coarsely chopped
4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Zest of 1 lime
4 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper, drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season with cumin, coriander, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Roast on the middle rack for 20 minutes.
- Take the pan out of the oven, add onion, an additional 1 tablespoon olive oil. Toss together, place back in the oven for an additional 10-15 minutes until tender.
- Make the dressing while vegetable roast. Zest lime into mixing bowl, add 4 tablespoons lime juice, 4 tablespoons olive oil, salt, and pepper. Add roasted vegetables, black beans, and cilantro. Mix gently to combine. Taste for seasoning and adjust salt and pepper as necessary.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate overnight for better flavor. This salad can be served at room temperature or cold.