Serve with fresh corn muffins from the Ingles bakery!
- 2 tbsp. Laura Lynn olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 apple, chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- garlic, to taste
- 2 jalapeños, chopped
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can Laura Lynn black beans
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can Laura Lynn garbanzo beans
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can Laura Lynn diced tomatoes
- 1 (13.5 oz.) can Laura Lynn coconut milk
- 2 cups Laura Lynn vegetable broth
- 1 packet Laura Lynn chili seasoning mix
- Greek yogurt
- fresh cilantro
- green onions or chives, sliced
- apples, chopped
- Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven, over medium heat, and then add your onion, green pepper, and jalapeños, sautéing until translucent (about 7 minutes)*
- Add apples, sweet potatoes, garlic, and the Laura Lynn seasoning packet. Make sure to give the ingredients a good stir to combine.
- Add black beans, garbanzo beans, diced tomatoes, coconut milk, and vegetable broth - stir. Bring to a boil for about 5 minutes and then reduce to a simmer for at least 45 minutes before serving.
- Serve this hearty dish up with a dollop of Greek yogurt (in place of sour cream) and garnish with fresh cilantro, green onions, apples and/ or chives.
- *Need meat in your chili? Add it to the pot in step 1 and allow to fully cook before moving to step 2.