- 1 lb. young carrots, scrubbed clean
- ¾ cup frozen cranberries
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- zest of large orange
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. thai sweet chili sauce
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 tbsp. garlic salt
- ½ cup almond flakes
- Set the oven to 400°F and line one large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Clean the carrots with a potato peeler or with a scrub brush.
- Trim the green tops off the carrots.
- Place carrots in a baking tray.
- Coat cranberries in 1 tbsp. of maple syrup and mix in orange zest.
- In a separate bowl, combine olive oil, 3 tbsp. maple syrup, chili sauce, thyme leaves and 1 tbsp. garlic salt.
- Coat dry carrots in the maple and chili and space them out on a large baking tray while placing the cranberries at the other end.
- Roast for about 25 minutes, until carrots are tender and the exterior slightly caramelized and cranberries are soft and jammy. If cranberries are done sooner, remove them from the tray with a spatula and set aside.
- Toast almonds lightly in a hot pan until lightly browned and fragrant.
- Place roasted carrots and cranberries on a large serving platter. Sprinkle with toasted almonds.
Notes: Enjoy the delicious flavors of fall in this dish!