- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 7 lb. pork butt, fat cap scored
- salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp. chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 2 tbsp. Laura Lynn brown sugar
- 2 (12 oz.) cans Laura Lynn Dr. Lynn soda
- Place onion in the bottom of a crockpot.
- Generously salt and pepper all sides of the pork butt, then place pork on top of onion in crockpot. Add chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and brown sugar, then pour over both cans of Dr. Lynn soda. Cook on high for 1 hour, then reduce to low, and cook until meat is tender and easily shreds, approximately 6 hours. Cooking time depends on the size of the roast and your crockpot.
- Remove meat to sheet pan, shred, and discard fat. Skim fat off cooking liquid, then return shredded meat to crockpot cooking liquid, serve warm. Alternatively, when meat is done, refrigerate meat and cooking liquid, then remove hardened fat once cold. Reheat on stove top and serve.
- No crockpot, no problem! You can cook this roast in the oven at 300°F in a large, tightly covered Dutch oven, 6 hours or until meat easily shreds with two forks.
This pork recipe is really versatile. Try filling grilled tortillas with leftover pork, cabbage, tomatoes, and cilantro for a delicious second meal.