- 4 seedless watermelons
- 3 (16 oz.) containers of strawberries
- 3 (6 oz.) containers of blackberries
- 3 pint containers of blueberries
- 1 lb. large purple grapes
- 1 fresh mint plant
- Cut ends off each watermelon first, leaving behind as much of the red part of the melon as possible.
- Once watermelon rinds are removed, use three different sized circles as guides to cut watermelons into different sized circles. (We used three different sizes of round bowls as our guide for each circle.)
- Place your three sizes of watermelon circles on a serving platter or tray, stacking the largest piece on the bottom, followed by the next smallest piece in the middle, and the smallest piece on top. (You can add small wooden skewers in between each level to make the cake more stable.)
- Make sure you stack the least attractive sides of each watermelon on the same side! That will be the side we decorate with fruits to cover the flaws!
- Now for the fun part! Attach berries, grapes and mint leaves in a wave like pattern from top to bottom on your cake.
- Using toothpicks or small wooden skewers add larger berries and grapes first and then fill in gaps with smaller berries and mint leaves.
- Serve this bright yummy summer treat to your guests!