- 3 globe artichokes
- 1 Tbsp Celtic sea salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 lemon, sliced in quarters
- 8 Tbsp dairy & soy free butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 tsp garlic salt
- In a deep pot with a steamer basket, bring 2 inches of water and the salt to a boil.
- Cut off the top of the artichokes about 1⁄2 inch (a serrated knifeworks best).
- Cut off all but 1⁄2 from the base of the bottom stem, then usescissors to trim the tops of the outer leaves.
- Add bay leaf and lemonquarters to the boiling water.
- Add artichokes to the steamer basket, cover and steam about 30 minutes. While artichoke leaves are soft and easy to
pull out, serve one with each lemon garlic butter.
- Pull out one leaf at atime, dip in butter, then (using your teeth or a spoon), remove soft white colored “meat”.
- Continue and discard remaining thin leaves and silkycenter unitl you come to the “heart” in the center. These are best to eat on the day they are steamed.