Enjoy this classic grilled cheese sandwich with a spicy twist!
Prep time: 20 min. | Cook Time: 15 min. | Serves: 2
- 1 pint roasted cherry tomatoes
- 1 loaf Ingles tuscan bread cut into 4 thick slices
- 1 cup mexican cheese
- 2 tbsp.mayo
- 1 jalapeno sliced thinly or for less spicy cut into strips and remove seeds
- ½ cup butter
- 2 tbsp. "fresh basil, chopped"
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Heat a 12 inch cast iron skillet with 1 tbsp. butter.
- Spread butter on one side of bread.
- Mix together the mayo and basil.
- Spread the basil mayo on the other side of the bread.
- Put the roasted tomatoes on the bread.
- Add the mexican cheese to the bread.
- Top with the sliced jalapenos or for less spicy remove the seeds.
- Place the sandwich in the hot iron skillet.
- Put in the oven for 15 min. and turn over after 7 min.
- Take out of the oven and slice the sandwich in half.