Serves: 16 Crunch Bars
- 5 cups oats
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup cake or all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 cups sweetened coconut
- 2¼ cups butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients together and mix well.
- Slowly add the butter while mixing all the ingredients.
- Pour mixture into a 13x18 baking pan and press by hand or rolling pin.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool and cut into small bars.
- Line the bottom of the oven with aluminum foil. Sometimes the butter cooks over the edge and will burn to your oven. I cut the bars into 4x4 squares to yield 16 pieces.