- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 8 tbsp. unsalted butter, cold
- 11⁄3 cups buttermilk
- 1¼ cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. dark maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 lb. yellow peaches, pitted and sliced
- Laura Lynn Vanilla Ice Cream
- Preheat smoker (or oven) to 350°F.
- Prepare the topping. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, granulated sugar, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Cut butter into 12-14 slices and press into mixture. Stir in the buttermilk with a wooden spoon and set aside.
- Prepare the filling by thoroughly whisking brown sugar, vanilla, maple syrup, flour, cinnamon and lemon juice, then add peaches.
- Add filling mixture to a greased, 12” cast iron skillet, then drop dollops of topping over the top. Smoke (or bake) 40-45 minutes, rotating occasionally, until golden brown and bubbly.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!