This is great served with a French baguette for lunch or a light dinner.
- 1 cup pearl couscous
- 1 cup frozen peas, room temperature
- 1 lb. frozen shrimp, cleaned, deveined, and thawed
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tbsp. finely ground Herbes de Provence (or any combo of Mediterranean herbs)
- Cook couscous according to package directions.
- Fold in peas, basil, lemon zest, 1 tbsp. olive oil, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, combine shrimp with 1 tbsp. olive oil and Herbes de Provence.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add 1 tbsp. olive oil. Add shrimp mixture and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat; add lemon juice and chopped basil.
- Toss with couscous and serve.