- 1 5-7 lb. whole roaster chicken (spatchcocked)
- 1½ lbs. broccoli crowns, trimmed and cut into ½-1 inch pieces
- 4 large carrots, cleaned, sliced into ¼ -½ inch medallions
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, seeded, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 lb. purple potatoes, cut into ½ inch medallions
- 1 lg. red onion, cut into bite size pieces
- 8 tbsp. room temperature unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl, mix together softened butter, rosemary, thyme, and oregano. Set aside.
- Place broccoli, carrots, peppers, potatoes, and onions into a large bowl; toss with olive oil until well coated.
- Season vegetable mixture with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Arrange vegetables on a large sheet pan, as seen above.
- Using your hands, generously coat the outside of the chicken, as well as between the skin and the meat, with herbed butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken on top of the vegetables, like above.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, chicken legs towards the back of the oven, stirring and mixing the vegetables halfway through.
- When the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 160°F, remove from the oven, cover with aluminum foil, and let rest for 10 minutes. Serve.
Use leftovers to make a delicious soup!