Prep time: 30 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes | Serves: 6-8 people
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 white onions, chopped
- 4 gloves of garlic, minced
- 2 whole roasted chickens, skin removed, boned, chopped or shredded
- 1 32oz. box chicken broth
- 2 4oz. Cans roasted green chilis, chopped
- 1 bottle of dry white wine
- 3 tsp. ground cumin
- 3 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 5 cans Great Northern White Beans, undrained
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 12oz. container sour cream
- 1 16oz. bag frozen mixed vegetables
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic and saute until translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add all other ingredients except for the beans, cheese, and sour cream and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and then add the beans.
- Simmer for 20-30 minutes to ensure beans are cooked through.
- Just before serving, add the cheese and cook until it is melted and creamy.
- Fill individual bowls and top with sour cream.
Notes: You can also simmer this chili for 2-4 hours as you would any other chili. Then add the cheese to melt before serving.
You can use four roasted bone-in chicken breasts instead of roasted chickens.
This recipe is also great to make pot pie with.