Ingredients For Lamb
- 2 grass-fed lamb shanks
- 3 white onions
- 1 head of cabbage
- Dry Seasoning: Turmeric, Garlic, Cumin, Chile powder, Cayenne, Salt, Black pepper
Ingredients For Root Vegetables:
- 1 large purple (or orange) sweet potato (thinly sliced)
- 2 small yellow (or black) plantains (thinly sliced)
- Virgin coconut oil
- Salt (for taste)
Steps For Root Vegetables:
- Slice sweet potato & plantains thinly.
- Coat w/ melted coconut oil.
- Place onto a baking sheet.
- Add salt (for taste).
- Roast at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until the product is golden in color and slightly crispy.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool for 5-10 minutes, and serve.
Steps For Lamb Shanks:
- Roughly chop cabbage, onion, and place into a bowl.
- Add a small amount of olive oil, salt, and black pepper and mix together.
- Line bottom of a roasting dish with vegetables.
- Grab lamb shanks and brush with olive oil.
- Season w/ salt, pepper, turmeric powder, chili powder, cayenne, and cumin.
- Roast in the oven at 325 degrees F for 40 minutes or until internal temperature is at least 160 degrees F.
Estimated Price w/ Ingles Shopping: < $30 Health Benefits:
- Sweet potatoes contain resistant starch which benefits gut bacteria.
- Sweet potatoes & plantains are high in potassium which supports normal blood pressure.
- Turmeric is a potent anti-inflammatory spice best-consumed w/ fat to aid absorption.
- Entire meal is fiber-rich.