- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- ¼ cup grated onion
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp. chives, chopped
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 cup plain panko bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp. olive oil with 2 tbsp. butter combined in skillet (Option: 4 tbsp. vegetable oil)
- Combine latke ingredients in a bowl. Transfer to the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Once thoroughly chilled, use an ice cream scoop to remove potato mixture and roll balls in panko bread crumbs.
- Heat a few tablespoons of preferred oil (see above for options) in a large skillet.
- Place individual latkes in a hot skillet and gently press down into rounds. Pan fry on both sides until brown on the outside and hot on the inside.
- Serve with sour cream or applesauce on top as a garnish.