- 1# pork chops (4 chops, 4 oz. each)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 11⁄2T vegetable oil or bacon grease
- 11⁄2C tomato salsa (use your favorite)
- 1C whole kernel corn
- 11⁄2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Fresh cilantro, minced
- Green onions, diced
- Combine the cumin and chili powder. Rub onto each side of all four pork chops.
- In a large skillet, melt the bacon grease over medium high heat. Brown the pork chops in the skillet on both sides
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the salsa, corn, cocoa powder and cinnamon. Pour the mixture over the pork and bring to a low boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and allow to simmer, uncovered, for three minutes. Turn the pork chops over and continue to simmer for another three minutes
- Allow the pork chops to rest for five minutes, in the sauce, before serving. Sprinkle with the minced cilantro and diced green onions.