You can also cook these inside on a griddle, or under the broiler.
- Ingles bakery pound cake, cut into 1½ inch cubes
- 1 cup demerara sugar
- ½ cup Laura Lynn unsalted butter, melted
- 4 cups pineapple chunks, fresh
- 12 oz. Laura Lynn maraschino cherries
- bamboo skewers
- Dip pound cake cubes into melted butter, then roll in sugar.
- Roll pineapple chunks in sugar.
- Build the skewers by threading a cherry, a cake cube, and a pineapple. Repeat to fill skewer.
- Build all skewers, then preheat outdoor griddle to high heat. Griddle skewers, turning frequently, to caramelize sugar.
- Remove and serve. The sugar coating on the cake and pineapple hardens to a crunchy caramel as it cools.