For those of you “on the go”, here’s a delicious and impressive recipe for your next “Taco Tuesday”, or any night of the week. Enjoy!
Serves: 8 people
Pulled Pork Tacos
- 2½ lb. pork tenderloin
- 1 (28 oz.) can pineapple chunks with juice
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. apricot preserves
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 10 6" corn tortillas
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 8 oz. goat cheese
- ½ cup green onions, chopped
- ½ cup fresh pineapple, diced
- ½ cup fresh raspberries, diceds
- Place pork tenderloin in large crockpot
- Combine pineapple juice from can, soy sauce, preserves, garlic powder and pepper in a mixing bowl and mix thoroughly. Pour over the pork tenderloin and add all but ¾ cup pineapple chunks.
- Set crockpot on low and let cook for 6-7 hours. Pork must reach an internal temp of 150ºF, but for this recipe, I like to let go well past for tenderness.
- During the last 30 minutes, shred pork and let cook in juices the remaining time.
- Heat corn tortillas prior to serving.
- Add shredded pork to tortillas then spoon pineapple BBQ sauce over the pork.
- Add desired amount of
Pineapple BBQ Sauce
- ¾ cup tomato sauce
- ¾ cup reserved pineapple chunks
- 3 tbsp. apricot preserves
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Pour into a small saucepan and simmer over medium heat until sauce thickens.