- 1 (20 oz.) can pineapple chunks
- 1 (20 oz.) can pineapple crushed
- 2 (20 oz.) cans pineapple tidbits
- 4¾ cups sugar
- 4 tbsp. self-rising flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 loaf sandwich bread
- 4 sticks butter, melted
- cinnamon sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Open pineapple cans and drain liquid. Place drained pineapple into a mixing bowl and drain a second time, pressing out all additional liquid. Set aside.
- In a second bowl, mix together sugar, flour, and eggs until it makes a thick paste. Add to pineapple and stir to coat. Pour the mixture into a casserole dish.
- In another bowl, tear bread into cube-like pieces (I typically use almost the entire loaf). Pour 3/4 of the butter over the bread, stir to coat, and place over the top of the pineapple (Hint: place bread crust up to create a beautiful buttery crust). Pour remaining butter evenly over the top of the bread. Cook 30-35 minutes.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top for an extra yummy treat!