- 3⁄4C butter
- 1C white sugar
- 1C light brown sugar
- 1C heavy cream
- 1⁄2C whole milk
- 3C pecan pieces
- 2C pecan halves
- 1T vanilla extract
- Have all ingredients pre-measured and ready to add to the pot. This recipe is very time and temperature sensitive.
- Melt butter over high heat in stock pot. When butter is melted, add white sugar, brown sugar and heavy cream. Stir to combine and cook over high heat for two minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add milk and 3C pecan pieces, stirring and cooking for another four minutes.
- Add 2C pecan halves and reduce heat to medium high, continuing to stir and cook for an additional five minutes.
- Add vanilla and check temperature of batter with candy thermometer. Stir continually until batter reach- es a temperature of 240o minimum. (I prefer 245 o-250o to ensure all the batter is at sufficient temperature.)
- Quickly and carefully portion batter onto parchment paper lined baking sheets using the 2 oz. scoop, press- ing batter in the center until disc-shaped, about two inches in diameter.
- Allow pralines to cool, then carefully lift off of paper and store in air-tight container.
TIP: To clean batter from utensils, boil water in the stock pot with the soiled utensils in the water. Remove the utensils with tongs and wash once the batter has come off of the pieces.