- olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- Italian sausage, ground
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 carrot, grated
- ½ yellow onion
- ¾ cup dry elbow mac
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 3 cups chicken broth
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 large leaf Swiss chard
- dried oregano
- dried Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- parmesan cheese
- 1 can white kidney beans (optional)
- Heat oil in a pot and add sausage, garlic, onions, celery, and carrots and cook till veggies
- Add in tomato paste and 3 cups of broth, and dry pasta. Bring to a boil.
- Add in oregano, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes. Stir and reduce heat to simmer. If
the soup begins to get too thick, add more broth.
- Add chopped chard and stir until leaves are wilted.
- Add white kidney beans and cheese.
- Continue to stir until the pasta is perfectly cooked.
- Add remaining cheese to the top and serve.