This is the perfect way to utilize leftover mashed potatoes! They are easy to whip up but more importantly, they are delicious! I like to top my potato cakes with some sour cream, chopped bacon, and green onions!
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. fresh chives, chopped
- ½-1 cup flour
- 1 cup vegetable oil (enough to shallow fry potato cakes)
- ½ cup additional flour (to dredge your cakes in before frying)
- In a large bowl combine mashed potatoes, eggs, chives, and flour. Add enough flour to form a patty. The mixture should be slightly sticky. Mix well.
- Place about ½ cup of flour on a dish, form mixture into cakes and dredge in flour.
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium heat. Once the oil is hot, place the potato cakes in the oil and cook for a couple minutes on each side until golden brown.