Enjoy this light and refreshing entrée with your favorite rice, beans, or romaine salad! Serve with Spanish Rice and Black Beans or your favorite Latin sides!
- 1 bottle of Mojo Marinade from the Ingles Latino Aisle
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, butterflied
- 3 limes, cut into halves
- 3 tbsp.fresh cilantro, chopped and divided
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- ½ small red onion, diced
- 1 fresh jalapeño, diced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- salt, to taste
- Placed butterflied chicken breasts into large, resealable, freezer bag and cover completely with Mojo Marinade. Refrigerate for minimum 1 hour to overnight.
- To prepare the avocado salsa, wash diced red onion under cold water and strain. Place red onion, diced jalapeño, avocado, olive oil, 1 tbsp. of cilantro, and salt to taste in a small mixing bowl. Squeeze juice of one whole lime over top and mix thoroughly. Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 4 hours.
- Preheat grill to 450°F for direct cooking.
- Remove chicken from marinade and place directly on the grill, cooking 4-5 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken from grill and drizzle with lime juice and fresh cilantro, then top with fresh avocado salsa.