- ½ cup Laura Lynn honey
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup mint leaves, fresh
- 12 cups fresh fruit, such as pineapple, honeydew, watermelon, cantaloupe, blueberries and grapes, cut in chunks
- 2 tbsp. white rum
- 2 tbsp. lime juice, fresh
- ¼ cup honey-mint syrup
- 1 lime, zested
- fresh mint, for garnish
- Make honey-mint syrup by combining water and honey in a small saucepan. Heat until very warm but not boiling. Remove from heat. Crush mint in your hand, add to saucepan, cover and steep for 20 minutes. Strain to remove mint, and refrigerate to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all fruit.
- Make mojito dressing by stirring together rum, lime juice, and ¼ cup honey-mint syrup. Refrigerate leftover syrup for another use.
- Pour mojito dressing over fruit, stir to combine. Zest lime over salad, stir. Garnish with fresh mint to serve.
- Use the leftover honey-mint syrup to sweeten iced tea or make a cocktail. You can make this dish family-friendly by omitting the rum.