- 4 salmon fillets (about 12 ounces)
- 12 ounces assorted mushrooms, trimmed and chopped
- 4 Tbsp. miso
- 4 Tbsp. mirin (international isle)
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 4 scallions
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl combine the miso and mirin and stir until smooth.
- Cut four sheets of heavy-duty aluminum foil. If your aluminum foil is thin, just fold over a large sheet to make it double layered.
- Place a salmon fillet in the center of each piece of foil.
- Salt and pepper the salmon.
- Top each piece of salmon with the mushrooms and scallions (whites).
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to each package, and then divide the miso sauce between each one.
- Fold the top and bottom of the package up and over the salmon until the two sides meet, then fold that edge over at least 3 times.
- Fold the left and right edges over at least three times each to make a sealed pouch for the salmon and mushrooms to cook in.
- Place the packets on a baking sheet and put it in the oven for 15 minutes.
- When the salmon is done, use some scissors to cut the tops of each pouch and garnish with chives.
- Be careful when you cut into the packets, as the trapped steam can be very hot.
- Serve the salmon with rice or potatoes.