- 1 pre-baked loaf pound cake from the Ingles Bakery
- 2 (6 oz.) jars pre-prepared lemon curd (can substitute orange or key lime)
- 2 (16 oz.) pre-prepared containers cream cheese frosting
- fresh lemon, sliced for decoration (optional)
- With a sharp bread knife, cut the pound cake into 3 layers (horizontally). Pipe the edges of the bottom layer with icing and fill inside the icing border with ½ a jar of the lemon curd. Repeat the process with the second layer.
- Place the top and final layer of the cake (cut side down) on the top. Ice the entire cake. Once the iced cake has firmed up, pipe a bead of icing around the edges of the top layer and fill with lemon curd.
- You can use any remaining frosting to decorate the bottom of the cake with rosettes for a prettier presentation.
- Decorate with slices of fresh lemon and enjoy!