Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes | Serves: 9 “flowers”
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. water
- 9 raspberries or other seasonal fresh fruit
- 3 tbsp fruit jam, same flavor as the fresh fruit
- 3 tbsp cream cheese, softened
- powdered sugar, to taste
- mint, for garnish
- 1. Cut the puff pastry into 9 equal squares.
- 2. Taking one of the squares, cut in the middle of each side making sure your cuts do not touch in the center..
- 3. Place ½ tsp of softened cream cheese in the center..
- 4. Fold each corner to the center and press down until the pastry sticks..
- 5. Combine one egg with one Tbsp. of water to make the egg wash..
- 6. Brush each side of the fold with egg wash..
- 7. Lightly place a finger on the center and pinch the corners of each fold together to create a petal shape, creating 4 petals..
- 8. Place ½ tsp of fruit jam in the center of the petal shape.
- 9. Place a raspberry in the center..
- 10. Repeat with the remaining pastry squares..
- 11. Preheat oven to 400˚F..
- 12. Bake for 15–20 minutes, until pastry is golden brown and puffed..
- 13. Serve with a sprinkle of powdered sugar and garnish with a sprig of mint..
- **Tip: Switch out the cream cheese for Hazelnut spread for a different treat.