These potatoes are so hardy and filling. Growing up, camping was one of my favorite things to do. You can make these potatoes in the comfort of your own home or have fun creating this dish over a campfire. You can incorporate other fun ingredients in this recipe like green peppers, sour cream, or other types of protein.
Serves: 6 people
- 5-7 medium potatoes
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. kosher salt
- ½ cup cream cheese
- ¾ cup cream
- 4-5 jalapeños, finely diced (seeded)
- 8 oz. sharp cheddar, sliced
- ½ cup sharp cheddar ceese, grated
- ½ cup mozzarella, grated
- 12 strips of crispy bacon, cut into thirds
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Cut parallel lines down the length of your potatoes. Do not cut all the way through the potatoes.
- Lay your potatoes in a greased cast iron skillet and brush them with oil. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 1 hour. You want to make sure your potatoes have fanned out.
- Mix together your cream cheese, cream, jalapeños, grated mozzarella and sharp cheddar cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Fill each pocket of the potato while alternating a slice of the bacon and a slice of the cheddar cheese. Top the potatoes with the cheese mixture.
- Cover your potatoes with foil and put them in the oven for 20 minutes. You will want to take them out of the oven once the