- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 bag frozen Laura Lynn chopped green peppers
- 1 bag frozen Laura Lynn chopped onion
- 1 (15 oz.) can light red kidney beans
- 1 (15 oz.) can chili beans
- 2 packages Laura Lynn chili seasoning mix
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp. pickled diced jalapeño peppers
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- ground cinnamon, to taste
- sugar, to taste
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- chopped onions
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- corn chips
- corn bread
- In large pot cook ground beef, onions, green peppers, and jalapeños on high heat, until meat is fully cooked.
- Add chili seasoning, beans, tomato sauce, and diced tomatoes. Add cinnamon, sugar, and cayenne pepper, a little at a time, stirring and tasting after each addition to get to your preferred heat and sweetness level.
- Put on high heat, bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to low and let cook for at least 30 minutes. The longer the chili cooks, the more flavorful it becomes.
- Add a cup of water if you want your chili to have a more soup-like consistency.
- Top your chili with any of the optional toppings you like.
Make a delicious second meal using leftover chili and a baked potato!