- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk, plus more for serving
- 1 cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 tsp chai spice blend (recipe below)
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup (plus more, to taste)
- 1/4 cup toasted, chopped hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup toasted coconut chips
For chai spice mixture:
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp cardamom
- 2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1 tsp allspice
- Combine water and almond milk in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, stir in oats, chai spices and salt.
- Turn heat down to medium/medium-low and let cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-7 minutes.
- Divide the oatmeal between two bowls and top each bowl of oatmeal with coconut chips, chopped hazelnuts, and a drizzle of maple syrup.
- Top off with a splash of almond milk, if desired. Enjoy!
This recipe will make more Chai Spice than what you need for the oatmeal, but store in an airtight container and use it later in pancakes, muffins, or even on roasted winter squash. You can also purchase chai spice as a blend.