- 2 lbs. mussels, rinsed
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. red crushed pepper flakes
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 lemon, cut in wedges for garnish
- 1 baguette or artisan bread, to serve with dish
- Prepare charcoal grill for high heat, direct cooking.
- Place a large cast iron skillet directly over coals and heat olive oil.
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes and stir until garlic starts to brown (1-2 minutes).
- Add mussels, white wine, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine, loosely cover with foil, and cover with grill lid.
- Cook until all mussels have opened (approximately 5-7 minutes). Remove any mussels that have not opened.
- Stir mussels in the juices, then sprinkle with parsley, mint and lemon zest and serve garnished with lemon wedges and baguette or artisan bread.