- 4 ears fresh corn, shucked and cleaned
- 4 slices thick cut bacon, chopped
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 6 fresh jalapeños, sliced
- 1 cup Cotija cheese, crumbled
- 1 lime, cut in half (½ for juicing and ½ for garnish)
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped (reserve some un-chopped for garnish)
- 1 tbsp. smoked paprika
- Prepare griddle for “two-zone cooking”, medium-high on one side and low on the other.
- Remove corn from cob carefully using a sharp knife and set aside.
- On the hot zone of griddle, cook chopped bacon until about 80% done and move to cool side of griddle.
- Sauté onions and jalapeño in bacon grease on hot side of griddle until soft and translucent. Move to cool side of griddle.
- Add corn to hot side of griddle and sauté for two minutes, stirring constantly. Add water if corn seems to be sticking.
- Combine bacon, onion, jalapeño, and corn and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve warm in a bowl with a squeeze of lime juice, crumbled Cotija cheese, fresh cilantro and smoked paprika.