- 1 lb. broccoli florets, bite size
- 1 red onion, cut in half lengthwise, then cut into ¼ inch slices
- 4 tbsp. Laura Lynn olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 lb. orzo pasta
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ pint pitted Kalamata olives
- 16 oz. Laura Lynn Robust! Italian Dressing
- 6 oz. feta cheese crumbles
- 1⁄3 cup basil, chiffonade
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place broccoli and onion on a sheet pan, toss with olive oil, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Roast for 10-15 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- While veggies are roasting, cook orzo according to package directions, drain well and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add roasted veggies to cooked orzo. Stir in tomatoes, olives and Italian dressing. Fold in feta cheese and basil. Taste for seasoning, add salt and red pepper flakes if desired.
- Can serve warm immediately or refrigerate to serve cold later.
This is a great do ahead salad that gets more flavorful as it marinates. We like to reserve a little of the feta cheese and basil to garnish the top of the salad.