This dish goes great with tzatziki sauce.
- 12 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 1 hour
- 2 lbs. lamb, cut into 2 inch cubes
- 1 lg. red bell pepper, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 lg. yellow bell pepper, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 lg. zucchini, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 lg. sweet Vidalia onion, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 18 lg. button mushrooms
- 2 lg. lemons, zested and juiced
- To a jar, with a lid, add all of the vinaigrette ingredients. Cover and shake vigorously until well combined; set aside.
- Add cut zucchini, peppers, and onions to a large freezer bag. Then, add whole mushrooms and about 1⁄3 of the vinaigrette to the bag. Set the bag aside to marinate.
- Add your lamb to another large freezer bag with another 1⁄3 of the vinaigrette and then set aside, at room temperature, for up to 2 hours, to marinate. (Note: You can refrigerate and marinate the lamb up to 24 hours in advance. Let come to room temperature 1 hour before cooking.)
- Place each ingredient on their own separate skewers. (This allows you to regulate the cooking time of each ingredient.)
- Start your grilling with the lamb skewers, placing them onto a hot grill, basting them with the remaining ⅓ of the vinaigrette, and turning them as needed (you want the internalbtemperature to be medium and the outside to be nicely browned). About halfway into the cooking of the lamb skewers, add your vegetable skewers, so that everything finishes cooking at the same time. Continue basting the lamb and veggies with the vinaigrette until they are all cooked. (Remember, the veggies and lamb will continue to cook after you remove them from the grill, so slightly undercook both to get the perfect doneness.)