- 1 frozen pastry crust, thawed for 30 minutes on countertop or overnight in refrigerator
Vanilla Cream Filling
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened and room temp
- 1 tbsp. sour cream, room temp
- 1¼ cup heavy cream, room temp
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 oz. apple juice
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 kiwi, peeled, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup blueberries
- ½ cup raspberries
- ½ cup strawberries, slicedh
- Arrange brie in a flower shape in the front corner of the cheese board, leaving the center of the flower open. Spoon Unicoi Preserves Salted Caramel Peach Spread in the middle of the flower. Add a few sprigs of mint as leaves.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Prepare the crust. Thaw frozen pastry at room temperature for 30 minutes or in the refrigerator overnight. Roll out the crust in a circle to fit in a 10” tart pan. Be sure to allow for the dough to come up the sides of the pan. Gently press dough into the fluted sides. Dock crust by using a fork to punch holes into the bottom and sides of the crust. Loosely cover the bottom and up the sides with parchment paper. Put dried beans or baking beads on the parchment paper to line the bottom and against the sides of the pan. Put on a cookie sheet and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove beans/beads and parchment paper and put back in the oven for 5 more minutes until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Prepare the vanilla cream filling. Mix the heavy cream for 2 minutes. Add the sour cream, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla to the bowl and mix another 2 minutes until smooth.
- Prepare the glaze. Combine cornstarch and sugar in a bowl. Heat the apple juice in a small saucepan until simmering. Add the cornstarch and sugar. Bring to a boil for 1-2 minutes while whisking to be sure it is smooth. When smooth and thick remove from heat and cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Assemble the tart. Fill the tart shell with vanilla cream. Arrange the fruit on top. Brush with the glaze. Refrigerate until serving time. I like to leave it in the tart pan until ready to serve.
Be sure the cream, sour cream and cream cheese are at room temperature for the smoothest filling. After filling the tart with the vanilla cream, you can sit it in the refrigerator before adding the fruit and glaze. The glaze does need to be kept warm until using.