- 2 tbsp. bacon grease or shortening
- 2 cups red onion, julienned
- 1 cup poblano peppers, seeded and julienned
- 1 cup red bell peppers, seeded and julienned
- 2 tbsp. garlic, pressed
- 6-8 cups roasted chicken, shredded (dark/white mixed)
- ¼ cup tequila
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup cilantro, minced
- 6-8 hoagie rolls or sandwich
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Grease the bottom of a 9x13 roasting pan with the bacon grease. Layer red onions from end to end, followed by both peppers. Sprinkle with garlic.
- Add a layer of shredded chicken, sprinkling with tequila and lime juice.
- Slice cream cheese into thin planks, layering across the chicken. Follow with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, finishing with cilantro.
- Loosely tent the dish with foil, without touching the cheese
- Place the dish on a baking sheet, Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove and carefully uncover to release the steam. Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Mix the ingredients together to combine, making sure the cheeses are evenly distributed throughout.
- Portion the filling into each toasted roll and serve..