Prep Time: 15 Minutes | Cook Time: 15 Minutes | Serves: 4-6
- 1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup carrot, julienne sliced
- 1 cup zucchini, julienne sliced
- 1 cup pitted olives of your choice
- 1 cup red and orange bell peppers, sliced
- 12 oz. jar of artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. capers, drained
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 lemons for zest and sliced
- 8 oz. penne pasta, cooked in boiling salted water 12 minutes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in heavy pot or dutch oven over medium-low heat with lid on. Add the onions and carrots and a pinch of salt & pepper and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the artichokes, zucchini & peppers and cook another 4 minutes with lid off.
- Add the olives, garlic, capers and white wine. Cook 4 more minutes.
- Garnish with the zest of one lemon, lemon wedges, and chopped parsley.
- Serve over penne pasta and garnish with lemon slices, lemon zest and chopped parsley.