- 1 Ingles rotisserie pork loin, approximate 1 lb. (Deli)
- 1 lb. Tavern ham, sliced thin but not shaved
- 1/2 lb. Swiss cheese, sliced thin
- Badia Mojo Marinade (International section)
- Laura Lynn yellow mustard
- Thin sliced dill pickles (Deli)
- Ingles sub rolls, soft (Bakery)
- Slice warm rotisserie pork loin into 1/4 inch slices and place in mixing bowl.
- Add enough mojo marinade to sauce the meat and toss gently.
- Lay out sandwich ingredients, then slice rolls in half lengthwise.
- To assemble sandwich, spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on the bottom bun. Top the bottom bun with a layer of mojo sauced pork, then a layer of ham, pickles and Swiss cheese. Spread yellow mustard on the interior of the top bun, and place top bun on sandwich.
- Preheat a cast iron pan to medium high, place sandwich in pan and press down gently but firmly with another heavy pan or grill press. Cook 3-4 minutes per side until sandwich compresses, cheese melts and bread gets very crispy. Alternately, preheat an electric panini press to medium-high, place sandwich in and close the top of the press firmly so the grids contact the sandwich to compress it and cook 4-5 minutes.
- Cut Cubano in half on the diagonal and serve.