- 16 oz. gnocchi
- ¾ cup red onion, diced
- 3 cup baby spinach
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add olive oil to sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add diced onion and sauté until onions become translucent, approx. 3 minutes, then add spinach. Allow to cook with onion for 2-3 minutes then remove both and set aside.
- On a separate burner, place a pot of water to begin to boil enough water to cover gnocchi.
- In the sauté pan over medium-high heat, add heavy cream, chicken broth, grated parmesan, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Use a spatula to stir the sauce for 10-12 minutes until thickened. Turn off heat and cover.
- In boiling water, pour in the gnocchi. Follow package instructions and do not overcook! It usually only takes 2-3 minutes to finish, then strain.
- Over low heat, add spinach, onions, fresh basil, cherry tomatoes, and gnocchi to the sauce. Gently stir for 1 minute, sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve garnished with sliced cherry tomatoes and grated parmesan cheese!