This can be served over rice or any other pasta you prefer. Prawns or shrimp can be used interchangeably in this recipe. The large size is preferable in either.
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 lb. large prawns or shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes, packed in oil, drained & diced
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- ½ cup Cognac
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. chopped chives, for garnish
- 1 (8 oz.) package of red lentil spaghetti, cooked as directed on package
- Heat butter and olive oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and shallots. Cook until golden.
- Add prawns, red pepper, tomato paste and sundried tomatoes. Cook 5 minutes.
- Remove prawns to a plate when opaque.
- Increase heat to high. Add Cognac and stir to loosen brown bits in skillet.
- R educe heat to low. Stir in cream and simmer for 5 minutes until sauce has thickened.
- Fold in prawns and serve over pasta. Top with chopped chives.