- 1 loaf white bread, decrusted
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter or margarine
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- After removing the crusts, use the rolling pin to flatten each piece of bread separately. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, in one mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, egg, vanilla and sugar until light and fluffy. Inone glass bowl, melt the butter and allow to slightly cool.
- In the other bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon. Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over each piece of flattened bread.
- Roll up each piece of bread into a tube and cut into thirds.
- Insert a toothpick thru each tube to hold together.
- Preheat the oven to 400o.
- Dip each blintz, one at a time, in the melted butter, followed by dredging in the cinnamon sugar to coat.
- Once coated, place each blintz on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for five minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.