- 1½ cup fresh cranberries
- 2⁄3 cup orange slices, segmented or sliced
- 1½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sized saucepan.
- Bring contents to a slow boil over medium-high heat, then reduce mixture to a simmer and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Stir mixture periodically and gently muddle ingredients as it simmers to break down the cranberries and oranges.
- Allow the mixture to cool and remove the rosemary stems and cinnamon stick.
- Use a fine mesh strainer to strain mixture into a large glass jar. Use a large spoon to push the mixture through the strainer.
- Use the separated cranberries and orange remnants as a garnish for your beverages.
- Store the shrub in an airtight container or jar and keep for 3-4 weeks.