- 2 large egg whites
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 5 cups whole almonds
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals light brown sugar
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals granulated pure cane sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 250°.
- Line a sheet pan with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Whisk egg whites and vanilla in a large bowl until frothy.
- Add almonds, toss to coat. Stir in brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon, cayenne and salt into almonds until combined.
- Spread on prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven, stirring every 15 minutes, until coating is dry, 75 to 90 minutes.
- Cool completely, then store in airtight container.