- 1 Whole Chicken cut in Half
- 1/3 c Olive Oil
- 1/3 c Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 c Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 tbls chopped Garlic
- 2 tbls Fresh Ginger, minced
- Zest of 1 lime
- 2 tbls lime juice
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp Paprika
- Sea Salt
- Fresh Cracked Pepper
- Take the chicken out of the package.
- Using kitchen sheers/scissors cut the chicken length wise along both sides of the backbone and discard the backbone.
- Turn the chicken over and cut directly down the middle of the breastplate to cut the chicken in half.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Separate 3 tablespoons to the side.
- Place both halves of the chicken in the large ingredient bowl.
- Coat all sides of the chicken.
- Let the chicken marinade at least 30 minutes, but no more than 6 hours. Any longer than 6 hours and the acid in the citrus will start to cook the chicken.
- After the chicken marinates, take out of the marinade and let drain for a few seconds.
- Set grill on 350 degrees and place chicken on the highest part of the grill rack.
- Let the chicken cook, turning every 5-ˇ6 min. and brush some of the reserved marinade onto the chicken every time you turn it.
- Cook until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. This should take at least 30 minutes, the longer and more turning, the better.
- Be sure to test the internal temperature in thickest part of the chicken for doneness.
This recipe can be cooked in the oven. Follow same directions, but cook in oven uncovered on 350 degrees for 40-ˇ50 minutes making sure the chicken reaches 165 degrees internal temperature.